- 50% active benzalkonium chloride solution in water
- Produced under appropriate cGMP controls and FDA protocols for Over The Counter (OTC) Active Drug Ingredients
- Certified to meet United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and National Formulary requirements for Benzalkonium chloride Solution
- For use as a Cosmetic Ingredient broad spectrum preservative and Active Ingredient in OTC Topical Antimicrobials such as Hand Washes and Rubs (Sanitizers)
- Optimized for broad spectrum efficacy with high, stable foam properties
The substances in Mirus BZK, 50% are listed on and in compliance with the following Inventories: US (TSCA), Canada (DSL), Europe (EINECS), Australia (AICS), China (IECSC), Japan (ENCS), Korea (ECL), New Zealand (NZIoC), Philippines (PICCS)
INCI Name: Benzalkonium chloride FDA UNII Code: F5UM2KM3W7 FDA Establishment Identification number: 3010203410
Mirus BZK, 50% is a 50% active Benzalkonium Chloride Solution in water, that is certified to meet United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and National Formulary (NF) specifications. Produced under appropriate cGMP controls and FDA protocols for Over-The Counter (OTC) Active Drug Ingredients, Mirus BZK, 50% meets FDA requirements for use as a Cosmetic Ingredient broad spectrum preservative and Active Ingredient in OTC Topical Antimicrobials/Antiseptics such as antibacterial hand soaps (washes) and sanitizers (rubs).
Alcohol-free Mirus BZK, 50% is uniquely optimized for broad spectrum bacteriological control while producing high levels of stable foam. In comparison testing, alcohol-free hand sanitizers based on benzalkonium chloride were found to be equally effective as alcohol based hand sanitizers after single application, and were found to be effective after repeated use where alcohol-based products failed to meet FDA performance standards. AORN J 68 (August 1998) 239-251.